Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mischief



Talan is so mischievous. He is rotten to the core! But I love it! Take tonight. Since we had ball practice, we got fast food. Long Johns, actually. Well, I initially ordered a sweet tea and then Kevin later changed it to a Dr. Pepper since we have sweet tea at home. Riley must have overheard, and when he got home wanted his sweet tea. He was very upset that he didn't get one after all. I explained that we didn't order drinks--only one for Daddy, but that we had sweet tea here anyway, so I would make him one. Then of course Talan wanted tea as well. Then I asked Spencer what he wanted, since I was already giving out nontraditional dinner time drinks. He wanted Mello Yello. Now the only reason we even have Mello Yello 2 Liters here is because some visitors brought it over with their food for us. Yes, I like Mello Yello, but I have pretty much cancelled caffeine out except for occasional use. (I have been brewing decaf sweet tea.) Anyway, I obliged and let him have Mello Yello, and told him it probably wouldn't happen again.

Talan saw the Mello Yello, which I accidentally put near Talan, and asked, "What's this?" in an excited manner. I said, "Oops, Spencer. That's your drink. Get that from Talan, please. Talan, that's Spencer's. Sorry."

Talan says, "But I want it!"

"No, it's Spencer's. I got you tea like you asked."

"But I want it!!!! Pleeeeeeaaaaase?"

"No. It's Spencer's."

"Well, I already took a drink of it!" (Knowing I'll let him have it then, so as not to spread germs.)

"No you did not."

"Yes, I did! I took a drink of it!!!"

"No you did not!"

"Yes I did!!!!" [Spencer has the drink by now, though.]

That little stinker! He did not take a drink of that Mello Yello!

Then a while later, after I had cleared the table and they were nearly ready for bed, Talan, Spencer, and I are in the kitchen...Talan saw Spencer's partially empty glass sitting on the counter and scooped it up and took a big gulp before I could react. Oh he's a mess!

No comments: