Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fall Ball


Well, fall baseball games have begun. Kevin called a scrimmage this past Tuesday, and we had an exhibition game this past Thursday. The boys did really well! Riley's hitting is back to great, and he is currently playing 2nd base. He is really making some awesome progress at catching! He is soooo not afraid at all of the ball...it's a little shocking, how he just goes for it no matter what...and doesn't seem to care if you throw it hard. I'm so impressed! He still has room for improvement of course, but my goodness he's doing wonderfully! He is SUCH a little hustler! Hopefully by the end of this season he'll feel even more confident about his position!

Talan is doing so good, too! He's following directions, and on Thursday he made it all the way to 3rd before getting out off of one of his hits. (It wasn't a triple, but with other batters, he made it to 3rd.) I am so proud of him, too! He played in the dirt a lot on defense, but what do you expect--it's boring out there!

I'm telling you, they are both just adorable in their baseball gear. There is just nothing cuter than baseball uniforms altogether, though, is there? If so, I've never run across it...baseball uniforms are the absolute cutest! In fact, every year I find myself just gazing at my boys, loving how adorable they look in their little pants (the best is when their pinstriped) and sporty hats. We don't have uniforms yet this season, but we should by Monday. Oh, and I don't have any during the game pics because little Ansley kept me busy/confined what have you...when I would finish nursing, she wanted to be held. So I got pics afterwards.

Spencer is enjoying the free time he gets during the games. He runs around getting into stuff, plays his DS, and studies a little bit for upcoming tests. He helps Kevin when he needs it, but overall he loves not having anything to do! And I like it when he hangs out in the van with me too (Ansley keeps me hostage there a lot).








And here's Ansley during their exhibition game...after eating, of course :)

No comments: