Sunday, August 30, 2009

Out and About

Mommy with Ansley. Look--Ansley is saying, "Hi!"


Daddy with Ansley. He just loves his baby girl!



Well, other than when I had my eye appointment on the 18th, this past Thursday was the first time Ansley has been out in public. I took her out to eat with me at Los Primos. Melody and Kendra met me there, and they had a few gifts for Ansley with them. We had a fantastic time reminiscing about old times. Specifically, old college times. Oh how I love talking about the good 'ol days! Of course, I absolutely love my life right now, but talking about the times where we had so few responsibilities and lived for excitement and made decisions based on our own selfish desires...well, of course we enjoyed it!!! I wonder where some of those people are now....

Back to the subject...Ansley did wonderfully! She slept the entire time--until it was time to go. Then, of course, she let her needs be known and I jetted to the van to feed her as quick as I could. So of course, dinner was perfect!

The next night, my sister came down...Yay!!! My mom and Jeff took us out to eat at Ruby's, and again Ansley slept the whole time! Dinner was great! Steph has 2 years left of pharmacy school, and we are all so excited when she comes down to visit. The boys just love their Aunt Stephanie. And because Ansley didn't wake during dinner, Steph came over later that night to spend time with her new niece. And of course nephews.


On Sunday, Dad, Marty, Grandma, and Grandpa came over, along with Steph, for a while after church (Ansley and I haven't been yet. But all of the males went. We will go back next week). Talan was so funny, dying for Steph's attention. He was ready for everyone else to go home--and telling them bye--so he could have Steph all to himself!





On Sunday night we ate at El Cantarito with my mom and Jeff. I know, a lot of Mexican lately! Ansley had her first huge diaper blowout. It was so disgusting! It was all over her clothes, carrier, blanket, shoes...I had to take her out to the car to get her all changed and cleaned up. That same night, she had another blowout right after I put her little sleeper on. Poor thing! Uh, and poor me, too! FYI, blowout number 3 happened today (Monday) while picking up the boys from school. Yuck!

Oh, I forgot to mention that Jeff's son Drew came down, and they brought their new son Siler to our house. Here are some pics of that as well!



Ansley "playing possum."





For anyone wondering, I did get Ansley out to finish her pictures, but she politely said, "No, not today." So I guess we're done with those.



No comments: