Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Shoppin'!!!!

Okay, so I only got a couple of things on Black Friday, one being the DSi, so needless to say, I had a ton of shopping to do--I DO have 4 children!

So I did most of my shopping either with just Ansley or with Steph and Ansley. Steph is great to shop with, and I absolutely love when she does with me! We have had our funniest moments shopping together, and crack up usually close to the entire time. We Christmas shop every year together, several times, and I just love it! On a side note, it upsets me that Ansley won't have a sister. Steph and I are 7 years apart, and I absolutely love her to death. There is no one like her, and no one that would ever come close to what she is to me. There is indeed a special bond between sisters--one that I don't have with anyone else. We can talk forever, or just cut up the whole time. Unfortunately, we have the same flaws when it comes to shopping, so she's not exactly helpful...hahaha! In fact, I would say she is worse. She will buy and then rebuy, and have a complete load of things to return, where she would rebuy after changing her mind on a present...then end up giving them all of the things instead of returning! She's awful about that. She has such a good heart. But it's a good thing she's gonna be a pharmacist, to help foot the cost of all of her gift giving! LOL!

Ansley is an excellent shopping partner, and has proved she is in it for the long run :) This is how I did the shopping thing...

Usually leave the house around 8:00 (remember how I procrastinate? I would seriously have everything pretty much ready to go, then cook, then eat, then watch a little TV...hahaha! Horrible!). Get to Knoxville around 8:45, shop at the mall shops until 10:00, when they close. Then go to Belk, because they stay open 'til 11. Then Belk closes, so I'm off to ToysRUs or Target, which close at 12:00. Then after they close, of course to Wal-Mart I go! I took Ansley with me on maybe about 4 or so trips altogether, and only one of them was a really late night, where I got home after 1. She really does like shopping. I would just strap her in the Baby Bjorn if she was awake, and she would just eat it up! She loved "talking" to strangers, wiggling around, and especially pushing off of my hands when I would put my hands under her feet so that she could stand up. Oh how she loves that:) When she got tired, she would start to give a low whine every few seconds, and I would take her out, cradle her, give her the paci, and she was out. Then I would transfer her to the car seat after a few minutes. I mean it when I say it--she is just wonderful! But yes, it was so late for her. I could have left her at home, and eventually did the last several visits, but to be honest, she keeps me company if there's no one else that I'm with, and I feel like we really are 2 peas in a pod a lot of the time...and I pretty much adore her and love keeping her close to me.

Alright, so there's one post!!!! More coming!

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

That made me laugh to hear that you all buy and return and buy and return...we do that like crazy around Christmas-time! Especially when we have bought something and then like a week or two later it is cheaper somewhere else so we buy the cheaper one and have to take back the more expensive thing. Most of the time whenever I go shopping I have something to return! Me and Kimberly are also bad about having a ton of stuff in our buggies before we go to check out and by the time we get to the front we have put most of it back...but I guess that helps us save money!