Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"This is Kevin"

So today I got ready to pay the phone bill online, and realized when I pulled it up that it was WAY over. Now is not the year or the month to have a cell phone bill that is way over! So anyway, it actually had Kevin using up more minutes than me which never ever happens. And I needed to get detailed call billing, so I could see if this whole this was just bogus or not. And the phone bill is in Kevin's name. So guess what I did today? LOL

I faked being my husband.

Yep, I get so tired of hearing things like, "Well, Kevin is the name on the account, ma'am, so we'll need to speak with him. Could you have him call us back?" Nearly everything is in his name, so anytime I have a question or need to talk with customer service to change something, I get that. Sometimes I don't, but you know, a lot of times I do.

So I tried my best to deepen my voice and pretend I was him. I was totally cracking myself up and it was very hard to wing as many questions and answers that I had to do without any prior rehearsal. Totally hilarious. Sometimes I sounded really country, sometimes I didn't, sometimes I sounded like a homosexual! LOL I was dying. It was so funny because everytime I asked a question, I'd have to get my lips just right before I could say anything. And I knew....just knew....that I totally sounded like a very stupid person. Like very unintelligent, and from the hills.

Hilarious!

I did get the detailed billing info, and it does appears correct so far. (didn't nitpick it yet) And who has Kevin been talking to so much? Me! On the home phone, so it counts towards our minutes. UGH!

And as far as the cell phone thing, still haven't decided for Spencer. Steph thinks I should get him a free blackberry that she has seen several different places. I told her I don't care if its free or not he's NOT getting a blackberry! I just really want to wait until middle school, but I also know how blissfully happy he will be to own one. Tough decision! Raising boys esp. is tough, I think, because you really don't want to spoil. You're raising a future dad (hopefully) and future husband (hopefully). You don't want to raise someone who is used to getting whatever they want. You want to raise someone who is used to waiting, and understands earning. You want to raise someone who understand the value of a dollar (even at his age), yet isn't deprived (oh he's not). But then you also want to give them what they want because you love them so much! Spencer is such a great boy. I mean it, he's just wonderful, I think. He's so very helpful and he is so sweet. I would have loved having him for an older brother. The others are lucky to have such a good one. It may be up in the air until the last minute.

2 comments:

The Raymonds said...

I can so relate...in fact, I did the same thing yesterday except Chris actually got on the phone for 2 seconds and said "can you just make a note on this account that my wife makes all the decisions?".... and they did! I've been dealing with it since we got married!

Amanda said...

Yes,yes, yes. I can relate, too! I handle all the financial stuff and yet, practically everything is in his name! Most people will speak with me, though if I give them his social security number (pretty scary).